Vision is a buzz word these days, not just within corporate world but also in generally life, thanks to all kind talk shows, books, blogs, presentation and so forth. This one word has phenomenal potential to changes lives but still it does not. So lets try to understand it again.
What is Vision?
Vision is long term view of something which has overarching importance in one’s existence. It’s surely not just a dream but persistent dream which grow in relevance to you, find connection to existing element around you. Its when you mind and heart agree on purpose, purpose for your being.
A special thought: The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, and this you will become. – James Lane Allen
How it can help?
- Vision can inspire enthusiasm and encourage commitment when it is strongly believed in. It can solve extremely difficult problem when vision is been lived as part of life.
- Once earnestly believed in vision, it activates subconscious mind which in turn finds unconnected links and innovative approaches.
- Works as navigation tool unconsciously, identifying direction and purpose, keeps you on track.
- Again when earnestly believed in vision, it builds loyalty towards your vision and align your happiness and action.
- When vision is supported by values, it can set standards of excellence that reflect high ideals and a sense of integrity
A special thought: A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. -Denis Waitley
What’s important to remember when it comes to vision?
- Vision has to be believed in absolutely, something you believe in sincerely, which makes you light up on thought of it, helps you go extra mile when you body does not allows you or circumstances block you.
- Vision is not just statement which could not change with experience but purpose for which means can change and end as but for better but purpose remain intact. Purpose is outcome of all results collectively.
- Vision has to be acted upon, breaking into short term goals, mid term goals, all eventually rolling up to long term vision. They all have to be aligned.
- Vision would improve as you go along acting upon it. Initially it might be something which involves to heavily in daydream and planning. It rarely happens as bright idea and it becomes vision, it take time may be year before you arrive upon vision for your life.
A special thought: Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference. -Joel Barker
When vision isn’t a vision?
- Is just a goal or set of goals rather then purpose of one’s existence.
- Is just an ideal scenario, one dreams of and no action is taken to initiate to turn it into reality.
- Is just something which is externally motivating to you but not something which you heart desires.
- is just dream or desire if does not have reasonable dates attached to it.
A special thought: The most pathetic person in the world is some one who has sight but no vision. – Helen Keller
Who should have a vision?
I think everyone should have a vision, vision for their life. Vision which makes them happy, makes them go extra mile, make some sacrifices for great good of there vision. Vision which not just motivates them but also people around them.
There has been misconception around having vision where people believe its a very corporate thing rather then personal. Some also believe one task which leadership should fulfill and not individuals. Part of it turn and part not, part which says its a leadership task is true but incase of individual, one has lead his own life (else someone else would) to live his life in his or her own manner.
A special thought: Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. – Ayn Rand
Where all in life one can have a vision?
One can have vision about:
- Personal life
- Professional Life
A special thought: Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. – Gail Devers