He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much;
Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children;
Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;
Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth’s beauty or failed to express it;
Who has left the world better than he found it,
Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had;
Whose life was an inspiration;
Whose memory a benediction.
Michelangelo was asked by the pope about the secret of his genius, particularly how he carved the statue of David, largely considered the masterpiece of all masterpieces. His answer was: “It’s simple. I just remove everything that is not David.” *
So how often have you looked to improve life both ways:
- Relinquishing of bad or unhelpful habits
- Acquiring new habits which are aligned to your purpose of life
Mostly we have seen, we always try to acquire new habits without getting rid of baggage – old habits which hold us back. Its the inertia which holds us back and hamper in acquiring momentum in forward direction.
- Make list of your habits **
- Prioritize on there importance of impact and relevancy to life / bigger picture.
- SWOT your habits and see for yourself where you are with each of them
- Then start with goal(s) of relinquishing the…
View original post 143 more words
Vision is a buzz word these days, not just within corporate world but also in generally life, thanks to all kind talk shows, books, blogs, presentation and so forth. This one word has phenomenal potential to changes lives but still it does not. So lets try to understand it again.
What is Vision?
Vision is long term view of something which has overarching importance in one’s existence. It’s surely not just a dream but persistent dream which grow in relevance to you, find connection to existing element around you. Its when you mind and heart agree on purpose, purpose for your being.
A special thought: The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, and this you will become. – James Lane Allen
How it can help?
- Vision can inspire enthusiasm and encourage commitment when…
View original post 598 more words
Today we are reviewing few of very important sources of wisdom and inspiration on personal development.
Psychologist who was best known for creating Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, a theory of psychological health predicated on fulfilling innate human needs in priority, culminating in self-actualization.
- If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
- A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.
- Life is an ongoing process of choosing between safety (out of fear and need for defense) and risk (for the sake of progress and growth). Make the growth choice a dozen times a day.
- What one can be, one must be!
View original post 2,128 more words