Vision is a buzz word these days, not just within corporate world but also in generally life, thanks to all kind talk shows, books, blogs, presentation and so forth. This one word has phenomenal potential to changes lives but still it does not. So lets try to understand it again.
What is Vision?
Vision is long term view of something which has overarching importance in one’s existence. It’s surely not just a dream but persistent dream which grow in relevance to you, find connection to existing element around you. Its when you mind and heart agree on purpose, purpose for your being.
A special thought: The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, and this you will become. – James Lane Allen
How it can help?
- Vision can inspire enthusiasm and encourage commitment when it is strongly believed in. It can solve extremely difficult problem when vision is been lived as part of life.
- Once earnestly believed in vision, it activates subconscious mind which in turn finds unconnected links and innovative approaches.
- Works as navigation tool unconsciously, identifying direction and purpose, keeps you on track.
- Again when earnestly believed in vision, it builds loyalty towards your vision and align your happiness and action.
- When vision is supported by values, it can set standards of excellence that reflect high ideals and a sense of integrity
A special thought: A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. -Denis Waitley
What’s important to remember when it comes to vision?
- Vision has to be believed in absolutely, something you believe in sincerely, which makes you light up on thought of it, helps you go extra mile when you body does not allows you or circumstances block you.
- Vision is not just statement which could not change with experience but purpose for which means can change and end as but for better but purpose remain intact. Purpose is outcome of all results collectively.
- Vision has to be acted upon, breaking into short term goals, mid term goals, all eventually rolling up to long term vision. They all have to be aligned.
- Vision would improve as you go along acting upon it. Initially it might be something which involves to heavily in daydream and planning. It rarely happens as bright idea and it becomes vision, it take time may be year before you arrive upon vision for your life.
A special thought: Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference. -Joel Barker
When vision isn’t a vision?
- Is just a goal or set of goals rather then purpose of one’s existence.
- Is just an ideal scenario, one dreams of and no action is taken to initiate to turn it into reality.
- Is just something which is externally motivating to you but not something which you heart desires.
- is just dream or desire if does not have reasonable dates attached to it.
A special thought: The most pathetic person in the world is some one who has sight but no vision. – Helen Keller
Who should have a vision?
I think everyone should have a vision, vision for their life. Vision which makes them happy, makes them go extra mile, make some sacrifices for great good of there vision. Vision which not just motivates them but also people around them.
There has been misconception around having vision where people believe its a very corporate thing rather then personal. Some also believe one task which leadership should fulfill and not individuals. Part of it turn and part not, part which says its a leadership task is true but incase of individual, one has lead his own life (else someone else would) to live his life in his or her own manner.
A special thought: Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. – Ayn Rand
Where all in life one can have a vision?
One can have vision about:
- Personal life
- Professional Life
A special thought: Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. – Gail Devers
“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ― Edgar Allan Poea
Poets and artists ever since their existence have had only one goal.. to express their inner most feelings, which are so carnal that words can’t lend meaning to them. As human beings we all have those internal urges to be that something that burns the light of our lives. The coinage of the word individual also corresponds to us being separate entities perceiving things differently.
This expression of our individuality has a lot of description in vocabulary. Some call it dreams, goals, yearning, calling etc. Everyone has an idea of how they want to see their lives evolve. Everyone where ever they are, everyone should dare to dream. Have a goal in life that wakes them in the morning, gets them through tough times. Having dreams is like defining your base or your core, everything thenceforth corresponds to it, which is how you live your true self.
We all know what we want and who we are but for some of us the noise of everything around numbs it down. In this case, what you must do is, act on your superficial urges, and as you embark your journey, the compass of your being, also called intuition, will enable you to see what your true desires are. Sounds a bit out there? But let me explain, our perceptions is build on what we already know, for instance if we liked Leonardo di caprio movies there is a bigger chance we’d want to see his new movies, since we’ve formed an opinion that his movies are good. Overtime in life we tend to form fixed pattern of incidence that happen to us and enable us to understand our lives and what works for us. This pattern is called intuition, which is a guide to us capabilities and desires. As you embark on upon achievement of a goal, you will come to evaluate what paths to take. The moral of the story is, cultivate dreams and goals, no matter what they are, you will ultimately get there albeit a little delay.
Dreams are our only connection to the divine.
It is important to stand for something, than to fall for nothing.
Start our journey with http://www.laywi.com, it’s a personal development website, with a penchant for project management, called align and achieve. Register and evaluate your current self and analyze what can be bettered or what would you like to be bettered and create projects to achieve it. The project management tool gives you the option to customize your projects, document every aspect important to you,make lists, create tasks under it. http://www.laywi.com is a skeleton to base your plans on. The first planning is the hardest, but also the one step that helps you gain momentum towards a life that you want.
The dynamics of LAYWi’ project planning are based on renowned theories of motivation and human behaviors which is bound to give you the edge that a plan planner won’t.
So, register today, http://www.laywi.com.