Motivation is the force that propels us into action; it can be both negative and positive. Either you are motivated by I’m going to get fired if I don’t get it done or you are motivated by I must get this done, so I can get the most juice out my time. Motivation that is positive will always leave you more energized than negative motivation, which will drain and stress you out. Like all thinking, positive motivation is also a habit that you can consciously develop.
Here are a few ways to keep yourself pepped through the day:-
1) Always think positive: No matter how hard your day has been, just keep patience and chant’ this will get better’. Even if you are stuck in a pickle, thinking positive will feed you energy to get through the task with minimum damage. Once you master the habit of reining in your negative thought patterns, you will realize, things will happen, good or bad, the way you react to is all you can control. When you realize this that will be reward enough.
2) Make a public commitment: Announcing your intentions publicly to take up a project will ensure that you stick to it more than just thinking you will take up this goal . It maybe social anxiety that initially encourages you to stick it through but the more important thing is to begin.
3) Create a healthy competitive environment: Competition is a great motivator. Harness it to achieve your goals. Whether it is competing within or without. See how your friends are doing. If they can do 50 pushups, try 60 or if they are taking more responsibility at work, you can mimic the same or more. Just observe what others are up to and you will notice your internal barometer of wellness automatically starts setting higher goals to maintain your top position or improve on your second or third best position.
4) Keep a diary: Record your goals and plans daily in a journal. What you want to achieve and why. How will you get around to completing a goal? What did you do today that made you that much closer to a goal? Record all your achievement and setbacks. Our mind is wired to see what we consider significant to getting closer to our deepest desires. Hence this process will help stay on track and motivate you to envision your achievements.
5) Envision your goal: envisioning your goals will keep you motivated, as the more you think about achieving your goals, the more the mind will perceive it coming true. An event is always created twice, once in the mind then in reality. So write down your visions and how will you make it come true, spend some time every day, revising it or amending it.
6) Be persistent: no matter how tired you are, do something that gives you the sense that you spent time furthering your goal. This will keep your motivation levels up for the next time. Because the guilt of having skipped a day might derail you from confronting a task the next day, so stay persistent, even if you hurts a little bit.
7) Talk back to the negativity: If you mind hurls negativity at you, don’t quit, confront and tackle it. Don’t let negativity get to you and make you quit. If you do, it will come back to haunt any time else you might want to take up in the future. It is a habit. Staying motivated and at it, is habit that will reap rewards for long term.
8) Reward yourself: this is important, break your goals down into smaller tasks and reward yourself for completing those tasks. Keep monitoring your progress. It will generate enough motivation for you get another task done.
9) Don’t be complacent: now it may be important to pat yourself on the back for achieving completion of a task, it is also important to not become complacent about your goals. Remember motivation is a habit, and you will have to follow the same rules for the same results.
10) Get started: Just start, even if you might not have all resources spread out, just start, start by making plan to acquire resources. Keep your expectation to a minimum and plan to a maximum.
11) Plan; envision; set goals; review progress; reward yourself; stick it out and repeat!
This blog has been brought to you by www.laywi.com, a web tool that has been designed especially to achieve the life as you want it. You can plan, envision and review your progress with the help of its in-built tools. It helps you keep motivated and eliminates your excuse for weak planning. The tools on website have been engineered after world renowned theories of motivation and goal achievement. LAYWi prides itself to be the first website that has integrated Social Science, Technology and Passion for a fulfilled life into one platform. Register today, its free and easy.
Like us on Facebook for daily motivation and goal keeping gyan www.facebook.com/laywi4u and/or follow us on www.laywi4us.wordpress.com